5 Key Steps to Place Your Smalls Business Ahead of the Competition
Anyone who’s tried recognizes that small business marketing isn’t for the inexperienced. Marketing your small business depends upon doing certain things and performing them well. The amount of competition we face these days is astonishing, and understanding how to get your pages delivering online is tricky.
Here are five necessary steps to get ahead of the game!
- Create a Marketing Plan – A comprehensive marketing plan is vital to success. You don’t want to leave anything to chance. It should be well thought out. Map out every marketing element, and exactly how you plan to get it done. At the very least, it ought to paint broad strokes to success.
- Social Media Marketing – Not just a time waster! Social media is often an enormous source of website traffic and new business. As reported by MediaBistro.com, 91 percent of experienced social marketers see improved website traffic due to social media campaigns and 79 percent are generating more quality leads.
- Build a Mailing List – MarketingProfs.com reported emails averages a ROI (return on investment) of $40 for every $1 spent. This far exceeds keyword ads ($17) and banner ads ($2). Don’t be fooled into thinking collecting and building an email list is dead. If you fail to build a list, you’re failing to build your business! You just cannot afford to leave such a large source of potential profits to your competition.
- Video Marketing – Research has shown a video is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google than any other text page! This really is too good to pass up. Small businesses can take advantage of this by video marketing. The video market is still relatively untapped and having a simple video advertising your wares can gain you loads of Google traffic along with authority.
- Gain a Mobile Presence – Microsoft reports that by 2014 mobile browsing will overtake desktop browsing. If your company does not have a mobile presence, you will become invisible. This means your small business’s website better start optimizing for mobile users and it should get it done fast. Right now, the numbers are encroaching on the 50 percent mark. Are you ready?
Don’t Make the Mistake of Going It Alone!
None of us can do it all, particularly when it comes to the constantly changing realm of online marketing. Learn what’s working now, learn from the best you can afford, and hire the very best outsourcing you can get. It’ll pay off handsomely in the long run!