7 Ways Google+ Makes a lot of sense for SEO
So far, Google+ is sort of like that dog that keeps coming back into your yard looking for scraps. I mean, what do you do with him? The truth is, this dog can hunt! Businesses are starting to wake up to the opportunities with Google+, aiding not just with social media interaction, local visibility in the search engines, and helping to establish your brand; but the numerous ways it helps you with content. And it’s getting results: websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ every day!
Seven Tips for Utilizing Your Google+ Page
Confused on how to use Google+? No worries – use these to get started!
- Complete your Google+ profile – Give this thought as you’re doing it. Use compelling photos and images, and be sure you link out to your other social media accounts.
- List your key information – Especially business hours, contact information, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your sites – make sure you link to your primary business blog or site. This is a must!
- Create your business page –You can create content of any length, including video. This has strong benefits for search results as well as folks that find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –Doing this will have several benefits, first of all getting them indexed almost instantly, along with a number of other search engine advantages. You can even use your Google+ page to make posts, including multimedia which can link out to your posts elsewhere.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to allow people to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This tool is extremely useful. Whenever you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. After that you can upload to YouTube, thus creating even more useful content. One terrific method to use this is to generate impromptu product demos.
This barely scratches the surface of what’s possible with Google+. To discover more strategies as well as a cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.