8 Ways to Instantly Improve Your Facebook Page
If you’re pondering ways to transform your Facebook page, I’d like to give you eight solid techniques for fast improvement that won’t cost you anything but a bit of time. These tips will not only enable you to optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but also lay the basis for better social interaction, and that is where the money is nowadays.
- Commit to Facebook – Facebook requires some effort, plus a bit of time. Many marketers who have generated a Facebook page for their business soon abandon it, this makes a statement about their company. Develop a rock-solid commitment to post updates and content regularly, and also to engage with those who are following you. Otherwise, it’s pointless.
- Lose the Facebook-generated URL – Make sure to acquire a custom URL for your Facebook page. This will aid greatly with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone searching for you.
- Don’t Auto-Post Your Tweets – Twitter is great, but don’t make the mistake of reposting the very same tweets onto your Facebook page. Make sure you post fresh content, not warmed-over stuff from somewhere else.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Like it or not, people are into short these days. There’s a time and place for longer pieces, but generally try to keep posts short – 150 characters or less.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that folks are able to use and are discussing will be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engage with Your Audience – Encourage interaction, post great photos and shareable content, hold contests, ask questions, anything to get the conversation going!
- Be Responsive – Take complaints seriously, and be proactive responding to anyone who asks questions. You can head off a lot of issues this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts which include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only posts, respectively.
Using these tips will give you a terrific jump start toward making your Facebook page a subject of conversation!