Make Your Facebook Page Come to Life
Curious about how you can improve your Facebook page quickly and easily? There are lots of ways to make this happen, but to get you off to a flying start we’ll limit ourselves to just eight for the moment. These techniques will not only help you to get more visibility in Google, but also lay the groundwork for better customer relationships that result in greater loyalty, which has obvious and numerous benefits.
- Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who have wanted to use a Facebook page for business, and shortly abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and get involved frequently, or it could be counter-productive!
- Create a Custom URL – Make sure to get a custom URL for your page. The one it includes is not likely to aid with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone trying to find you.
- Don’t Repeat Your Tweets – Twitter is awesome, but don’t make us live through things twice. Be unique with what you post on your Facebook page. Your extra effort will be rewarded.
- Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Like it or not, folks are into short nowadays. There’s a time and place for longer material, but generally aim to keep your posts short – 150 characters or less.
- Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that people can use and are talking about will be the #1 mission for your page.
- Engagement with Your Readers – Don’t be shy about inspiring conversation, asking questions, holding contests or anything else that gets the conversation rolling!
- Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone that complains seriously, and be proactive responding to anyone that asks questions. You can head off a lot of trouble this way.
- Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts that include a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only posts, respectively.
Using these recommendations will give you a very good head start to making your Facebook page a topic of conversation!