Tips to Rock Your Google Local Listing
So far, Google+ has been sort of like that dog that keeps coming back into your yard searching for scraps. I mean, what do you do with him? The truth is, this dog can hunt! Businesses are beginning to wake up to the opportunities with Google+, aiding not just with social media interaction, local visibility on the internet, and helping establish your brand; but the numerous ways it helps you with your content. And it’s obtaining results: websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ every day!
How to employ your Google+ Local listing
Here are seven methods for getting your Google+ page to help your small business.
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with a little thought. Make sure you use interesting photos and images, and link to your other social media profiles.
- List your key information – Particularly business hours, contact information, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your sites – make sure you link to your primary business blog or site. This is a must!
- Create a business page – Showcase your small business where it matters. This has direct benefits for search results as well as for people that find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –Doing this will have a number of benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly, along with a number of other search engine advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, including multimedia that can link out to your posts elsewhere.
- Utilize the Direct Connect feature – This Google+ tool allows people to add you to circles once they come across you in search. Similar to a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This one is very useful. Whenever you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. After that you can upload to YouTube if you wish, thus creating even more useful content. One terrific method to use this is to make impromptu product demos.
This is only the beginning of what’s possible with Google+. To see even more methods plus a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.