LinkedIn Has Quietly Become a Killer Resource for Local Businesses
LinkedIn should be ranked among the big three of social media sites, right with Facebook and Twitter. But LinkedIn is in fact more valuable for your small business because unlike its rivals, this social-media site focuses specifically on business. Put simply, you won’t have people on LinkedIn posting about how good their oatmeal tasted this morning.
How smart companies are using LinkedIn
You run a small business. Your time and energy is in short supply. So why should you worry about LinkedIn? Here are some ways your peers (there are 1.3 million small-business owners on the network) are employing it to their benefit:
- Sharing wins: As a small business owner, you work hard. Why not share your success stories? Displaying your successes is just good marketing. And with 2 million C-level executives making use of the site, you might suddenly find yourself with some deep-pocketed suitors.
- Getting referrals: LinkedIn removes so much of the friction and awkwardness of giving and receiving endorsements for the work you do. Best part? When someone gives you props on LinkedIn, everyone inside your network will notice in their activity feed.
- Finding new talent: Growing? LinkedIn is a wonderful place—scratch that, it’s the BEST place—to find new A players to include in your roster. It’s the single largest directory of working professionals in the world.
- Promoting events: LinkedIn’s event feature is a game changer! It has never been so easy to spread the word and boost attendance for upcoming events. You can even use their service directory to find a caterer for your gathering. Simple.
- Boosting website visitors: Here’s a little-known secret about LinkedIn: it’s very influential with Google, so if you have a presence on LinkedIn, you’re going to notice a bump in search engine visibility, too. More eyeballs, more prospects.
- Getting answers: LinkedIn is a goldmine for tips on building a successful business. You are able to uncover great advice from some of the savviest business minds in the world in LinkedIn Answers and Groups. You will discover over 2000 groups dedicated to small-business-related topics.
- Finding investors, vendors and partners: It’s a networker’s paradise. Whether you need some capital, a new accounting firm, or a business partner, you’re not going to find a better source than LinkedIn.
We’re just scratching the surface here, folks. The rewards don’t end there. Head over to LinkedIn, generate a page for your business and see for yourself. I realize your time is scarce, but trust me, it’s worth it.